Foster Safety and Support
spaces make children feel at ease trying new things, accepting fun challenges
and focusing on what’s important: being a kid. Here are some ways that you can Foster Safety and Support at your space.
- Encourage, maintain, and support safe play.
- Regularly monitor and improve the safety of the space.
- Create routines that help children manage their emotions
and feel safe and secure.
- Use soft furnishings and/or
floor coverings in spaces created for very young children.
- Avoid blind spots and
provide clear lines of sight between caregivers and children.
- Staff should encourage children and help them feel safe and supported in play and fun challenges.
For the full list of strategies, click