Enhance Accessibility and Inclusion
convenient spaces allow children of all abilities, cultures and backgrounds to
feel at home and feel like a valued part of our community. Here are some ways that you can Enhance Accessibility and Inclusion in your space.
- Design spaces to ensure physical
accessibility of indoor and outdoor areas.
- Develop and maintain policies to
engage children with physical, emotional, or sensory differences.
- Support access throughout the space for children and caregivers of varying mobility, including pathways, height of fixtures, etc.
- Employ a mix of activities that encourage physical and sensory experiences for children with varied needs.
- Reflect cultural and
individual differences without promoting stereotypes.
- Train staff/volunteers to adapt activities for individual needs and to engage all kids in play.
For the full list of strategies, click