Build Positive Relationships
Staff and parents
who are caring and responsive role models, and clear and open communicators,
help children create warm and trusting relationships. Here are some ways that you can Build Positive Relationships in your space.
opportunities for children to play together, solve
conflicts in productive ways, and participate in group activities.
- Use toys and activities that encourage communication and cooperation among children, parents/guardians, caregivers, staff members, and others within the space.
- Create cozy areas with soft furnishings that allow for quiet, reflective or relaxing
- Encourage curiosity of reading and math through supportive activities and interactions.
- Develop and display activities that allow multiple groups to play at the same time.
- Instruct caregivers on the appropriate response to children's needs based on age and development.
For the full list of strategies, click